Sunday 1 April 2018

Yunho - DROP MV beginning rap part translation!

The lyrics I found for DROP (my translation here) did not include the rap at the start of the MV, and that's like the entire first minute!  So it would not do.

(And quite seriously you cannot watch DROP enough times, it's EPIC.  *__*)

So, I scoured the internet for a transcription of the rap, and here is my translation so you guys can enjoy it too.

A new nation has begun
This is King's Speech

The gloomy future,the future that did not come back to me
The belief that I can change it, is that appropriate?

I need to know, this future masked by despair
That it's as dangerous as a military service is clear

This whirlpool-like reality facing me, from that time already
I saw I'd finished preparations to deal with it a long time ago

It isn't fair.  Going nowhere.
The courage to face fear started from here

Only imitators of the unusual, unable to read common sense, remain
At that time it was wrong, and now it is just normal

It isn't fair.  Going nowhere.
The courage to face fear started from here.


Translator's notes:

I was in kind of a hurry to translate when I did it and now I've lost the Korean version so I can't check my translation before posting.  T_T

Anyway, I still think this is important if you want to understand the whole lyrics.  It's a song about political disillusionment and the desire for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I am always happy to answer any questions about my translations, and just a thank you makes all my work worthwhile! ^__^